Shaun A. Kirkpatrick
Kirkpatrick has more than 25 years experience managing venture investments and technology development programs in the fields of cancer, inflammation, metabolic disease and neurological disorders, and technology platforms related to biotherapeutics and life science tools. He oversees RCT’s investments, technology development programs and special licensing programs in therapeutics, life science tools and diagnostics. He is a member of the board of directors for several start-up biomedical companies and ventures. Kirkpatrick is also a member of the board of directors for the Critical Path Institute, an institute formed with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, SRI International and The University of Arizona to accelerate the development of safe human therapeutics.
- Research Corporation Technologies
President, Biotechnologies May 2013–present
President & Chief Executive Officer, June 2005–May 2013
President & Chief Operating Officer, 2004–May 2005
Vice President & Managing Director, 2001–2004
Director, Commercialization, 1999–2000
Venture Development Associate, 1993–1999
- Dispersol Technologies, LLC
- Femtogenix, Ltd.
- The Critical Path Institute
- Sertoli Technologies Inc.
- Flinn Foundation
Board of Directors, 2008–present
- Thomas R. Brown Foundations
- University of Arizona College of Pharmacy
National Advisory Board, 2005–present
Past Board Membership
- Alimmune LLC
- APT Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Imagine Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Prolifia Inc.
President and Chairman, 2000–2004
- Therapeutic Human Polyclonals Inc.
- Cylene Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies
M.A., International Economics and Science/Technology in International Relations
- The University of Arizona
B.A., Biology and Economics